Friday Evening – Plant Imprinted Plate- 6-8 pm 13/10/23
We are excited for SPRING! Come and join us for our first Friday night workshop of ‘Plant Imprinted Plates’. Bring your own leaves or flowers from the garden or come and use some from the studio (flat plants like ferns work best for this).
This piece is made by rolling out the clay, then cutting free hand into a rough circular or oval shape. You will then shape the edges upwards organically using your hands. Once you are happy with the shape, you can then paint it with underglaze to a colour of your choice. Our friendly teachers will take you from start to finish on how to create a beautiful plate with your own personal touch of Spring!
Picture shows what the plate may look like at the end of the class. ( I.e. This example has not been fired or clear glazed as yet, and colours will deepen on completion.)
- Materials needed to hand build the plate (white earthenware and hand tools)
- Underglazes for you to paint colour to your piece
- Complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate (or BYO wine)
- A relaxed environment with background music for you to get in the zone
- We fire your plate twice and also will apply a clear glaze for you
- Plate will be ready for pickup in approx. 3 weeks to take home and use or gift to a loved one!